17/03/2020: Coronavirus – temporary closure of convent to visitors
In the light of yesterday’s updated advice from the government, the Sisters have reluctantly decided to close the convent to visitors until further notice.
This is not a decision the Sisters have taken lightly, nor it is something they wanted to do, but on balance they felt it was in the best interests of the Community and our staff. As you may be aware, the majority of the Community are over 70 and thus fall into the ‘at risk’ category. We are, therefore, going to do all that we can to limit their potential exposure to the virus.
I am sorry to have to send this disappointing news, but I hope you understand.
We are hoping and praying for a swift resolution to this pandemic but, as our late Sister Mary Michael used to say, it is all in God’s hands.